Monday, June 30, 2008

Looking forward to Penn

With the recent departure of the Columbia and Dartmouth groups, I am even more excited for my own trip this weekend. It's coming up fast, and I've already begun to get my luggage ready!
I would be more nervous, but thanks to a get together Mrs. Kronenburg arranged with Bertha last Monday, I now feel like I know some of what to expect.

Our meeting was designated at Pinole's Cheese Steak Shop. Bertha shared her experiences in depth with Mrs. Kronenburg, Mr. Vilar, Cynthia and I, and she also clarifyed the many questions we had. She told us what would make our trip better, while giving us many valuable suggestions and tips. We passed around photos and her journal as we ate. I greatly enjoyed both the food and the conversations! I look forward to eating the real cheese steak soon (which Bertha describes as "a party in your mouth," hahaha) and sharing my experiences when I return.

Courtney was unable to make it, but we'll have plenty of time to update her on the plane. I hope the other groups are having a lot of fun; I'm sure they're enjoying their first day of class. I can't wait until Saturday.

Susan

3 comments:

Charles Ramsey said...

Your enthusiasm comes out in this post. Too often we see students reluctant and unappreciative of a once in a lifetime opportunity. I am glad that is not the case with you.

We also are very excited for all three of you that are going with Ms. Crespo this Saturday. I know that you will all do fine and I am sure that you will use this blog to keep us updated on your experiences.

Please continue to read the Cornell and Columbia blog. We want to have everyone learn from each other. I also hope that you will ask your colleagues from other Countries and schools to participate with us in the use of the blog.

Hope all else is well and I will see you at El Cerrito High School on Saturday morning.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey
School Board Member
West Contra Costa
Unified School District

Don Gosney said...

You KNOW we have faith in you, Susan. Now we need you to show us what you've got.

Getting top grades is a given but what we need you to show us is that you and the other Penn students can outblog the Cornell and Columbia kids.

You are our eyes and ears. While you were jetting your way east, after we went back to bed and got a few hours of much needed sleep, we went on with our regular old dreary lives. As we sat in front of our computers wasting away our time on unimportant trivia, we were awaiting word from our Ivy Leaguers about their adventures back east.

I know we can still count on you, Susan.

Madeline Kronenberg said...

Susan,

It was fun having step in our "cheese steak" competition. I'm on the east coast now -- I left Columbia this morning and arrived at Cornell this afternoon.

I'll see you on Sunday and we'll see if you, too, think it's a "party in your mouth."

Happy packing.