Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A little more on Le Bec Fin


Above: The menu at Le Bec Fin and Mr. Ramsey in front of the restaurant.

Reading Mrs. Crespo's great post was like going back to Le Bec Fin all over again. So, in this post, I would just like to add on a little of my own experience at Le Bec Fin!

In addition to being able to try out some fantastic food, the dinner was a chance for us all to meet with Mr. Ramsey, Bertha, June (PAACH) and America (La Casa Latina). I had a great time talking to everyone during the dinner, and thanks to June for giving me so much more information on the Penn College/Wharton's! The dinner was the first time I learned about dual majors, transfering, and the fact that we missed filming of the Transformers 2 on campus (awww).

And as for the food...

For the appetizer, we had a variety of breads accompanied by a lobster and peach drink. My favorite bread was baked with tasty sun dried tomatoes.



For my main course, I had scallops followed by a half lobster. I thought I never eaten lobster before, but my mom later told me I had it a few times when I was younger! It must have been before I was old enough to be afraid of trying new things. The lobster turned out to be very delicious, sort of like shrimp and crab combined. I'm glad I tried it.



The desert was my favorite part! Like Mrs. Crespo mentioned in her post, there was a fabulous cart of cakes we could choose from, and the best thing was you could have as much as you wanted. I tasted a little of a few different cakes, and they were all delicious! I took a little back home to my room mate, and she loved it too. :)

Thank you Mr. Ramsey for taking us to such a wonderful restaurant!!!

That's it for now!

Enjoy the Olympic games everyone. :)

4 comments:

Charles Ramsey said...

Thank You Susan for being such a wonderful student. You will remember this experience for the remainder of your life.

However, we have to be careful because Don reads these posts and he may become crazed seeing all of the lovely courses that you enjoyed at Le Bec Fin. I am sure that he will understand and see that we were exposing all of our students to the finer parts of life.

And yes, I am enjoying the Olympics. Right now I am watching the opening ceremonies.

Glad to see that you are still blogging. Remember Bertha is hoping that you will come and visit her in the fall. She definitely wants a "pipeline" of students to matriculate to UPENN.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey

Patty said...

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that Susan LOVES posting pictures of all of the great food that we had in Philly?!? I loved the fact that no matter where we were, I knew that Susan would whip out her camera and capture our wonderful dining experience! The pictures that Susan posted speak volumes over any description that I could have written. Thanks Susan. Now, let's start working on the UPenn app and statement of purpose. I think they said that they use the common app and the additional UPenn questions. Call me so we can work on this.

Don Gosney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don Gosney said...

Susan⎯Before we get into your post, I need to respond to Charles’ and Patty’s comments.

First, as Charles wrote, I read all of the posts. And did I go a little crazy seeing all of the fine foods? You betcha. Being a single kind of guy, I’m subsisting off of junk food and leftover junk food so I can appreciate what a good meal looks and tastes like.

As for being understanding, if you want me to be polite I’ll write that I fully understand but if you want honesty, I refer you back to the previous paragraph and want to know why it is that everyone seems to be eating so well except me.

And as for Patty’s comments, I know she was praising you but as far as I’m concerned, she didn’t go far enough. Smart, good looking, cute, fun, personable AND she has her own camera, knows when to whip it out and is not shy about posting her photos. My kind of gal.

As I reread your description of the menu offerings, the worse I feel. Sounds like some pretty good eats. Maybe it’s the fact that I’m three times your size, Susan, but I would never even consider a “half” lobster. My philosophy is that if my eyes ever get bigger than my stomach, that’s a good reason for having a couple of ziplock bags in my pocket for a snack later on.

Oh, and I’m glad you had a good time with your dinner mates. That always makes the food taste better.

Here it is several days after you posted this blog and I’m watching the little gymnastic pixies in Beijing. As it approaches midnight now, I’m going to finish this post so I can heat up the Costco chicken I bought this afternoon and have myself a “special” meal. Rest assured, though, that for the next couple of days it’ll be microwaved leftovers. But I’ll be thinking about those scallops, that half of a lobster and that tray of desserts.