Sunday, August 10, 2008

Naked Chocolate

Haha, you're right Mrs. Crespo, I do love taking and putting up photos of food! I'm glad you guys liked the pictures of Le Bec Fin, but wait... there's more!

On Thursday, July 31st, June Chu took me, Cynthia, and Courtney out downtown to Naked Chocolate. We also watched a little of "The Princess Bride" outdoors, but Naked Chocolate was really the spotlight of that night. I'm so happy we got this opportunity to have fun outside of campus. A UPenn student, Monica, accompanied us for the beginning half of our outing, and Caroline came along for the second half. Both of them told me so much about either Penn or college life and applications in general, great thanks to them! We all had a lot of fun that night and absolutely loved Naked Chocolate. If only there was one in the Bay Area... :)

That place was amazing! It sold all kinds of chocolate, from little candies to lolipops and solid chocolate sculptures (check out that carriage and the leg!!!). Everything looked so delicious, it was hard to decide what to buy or eat.

Although chocolate was its speciality, it had a wide range of deserts and sweet drinks as well. June bought 4 different deserts for us, which we all shared so we would have an opportunity to try a little of everything. I dont remember the exact names, but from front to back: the cheesecake, the chocolate cake, the lime cupcake, and the oreo tart! The cheesecake was a melt in your mouth, the chocolate was extremely rich, the lime had an excellent oozing filling, and the oreo was fluffy and creamy. They were all sooo good. My personal favorite was the cheesecake!

After we finally finished our treats, we walked it off by going to the outdoor screening of the "Princess Bride". It was the perfect finish!

Thank you June for taking us out and treating us at Naked Chocolate!

We had a blast. :)

3 comments:

Charles Ramsey said...

I am jealous and I do not even eat sweets. The tastes looked so yummy. From your pictures it looked like all the young ladies had a wonderful time.

I must say that your energy is infectious and I am glad that you are enjoying life. We really must stay in touch and I do hope that you will share your experience with the other students at Hercules High School.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you ate soooo much! Let me get this straight; every time you went out to a place to eat, you brought a digital cam and took pics of all your dishes before you ate them! You're too much Susan, but the chocalate shop takes the cake. I am trying not to eat that stuff and you take these incredible photos of my favorite food group. You are horrible and I'm dying here on the west coast for all those chocalate confections:-) (I'm just jealous)

Don Gosney said...

Susan⎯I hate to admit it but you’ve finally broken me down. I no longer care about what you learned in your classes or even about your experiences with the laundry facilities. All I want now is to read more about the eats and to see the photos of the wonderful dessert options you all had.