Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day Eighteen.

There are some problems with my "G" letter on my keyboard, so if i miss one here and there, I apologize in advance.

These past couple of days have been really something to remember. I find that I am warmin up to Pennsylvania a lot more than I was 2 weeks ago, when I arrived. I'm starting to get use to the weather. The weather today is really really nice. The weather right now reminds me of California, its breezy and it's not too sunny, which is perfect.

I know it may be a little early, but I already have a highlight for this whole trip. I'm really excited about it too. Last night, there was a thunder/lightning storm here in Pennsylvania. It was pouring and everything, it was really amazing. I went outside before it started raining because I wanted to see what it was like and it was beautiful and something to remember. The sky had a green tint and there was lightening everywhere and the thunder was so loud that it made me shake. The rain started light at first but quickly turned into a downpour. It was raining so hard, I felt like I was taking a shower outside. But that's okay, I took Courtney and we went outside to walk around and dance in the rain. I don't think she enjoyed the rain as much as I did, but we had a terrific time.

I've been starting to get use to the length of the classes. At first, three hours was a long time, but now it's not that hard. We learned about the immune system today and there was this really interesting guest lecture about autoimmune diseases. It was really interesting to learn about how things like your immune system work. The guest lecturer wasn't as enthusiastic as I would've hoped but he was really informative. I'm at my lunch break right now, blogging to you from the quad.

We're starting a new module in lab today so I have that to look forward to. After this module, we won't have lab anymore. The last week will be dedicated to preparing our presentations, which are due at the end of the course. The purpose of the presentation is to inform the other students about what we learned in our journal clubs. It's not that long, its suppose to be 10-15 minutes. I'll tell you more about that when we get to it.

I'll blog later! We're going to a Phillies game this Friday, Jersey Shore this Saturday and the King of Prussia mall this Sunday, AGAIN! I'm looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: