Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day Three.

The heat! It's excruciating, almost. The humidity along with the hot weather is enough to make me miss the sweet California weather, although I hear that you guys aren't having any better in the bay. I just got back from the biomed class and lab. Today was very interesting, I felt like I have a much better grasp of a concept that I didn't know anything about when I came here. That's the point, right? I feel like they challenge you to try and grasp the concept before they let you in on all the secrets and I like that. I was lost yesterday, reading through the lab material we were suppose to read through. Today, I feel much better.

Today was a much better day for me, socially. I've met a few more people and they aren't bad people. That's good. They are friendly, but actually, everyone is friendly. The environment is cheery. During lunch today, I thought I lost my PennID so that was a bad scare. It must have slipped out of my ID holder because it was under the seat I was sitting in during the lecture. Though I enjoyed the lecture, it was a challenge. I have to find a way to efficiently take notes while listening at the same time, so that's my challenge. The professor goes through the powerpoints really quick so we have to write fast, but then we have to listen at the same time. It's difficult!

The lab today was about DNA and PCR. To keep it short and not boring, we had take some of our DNA and isolate a certain part and from that part, we are suppose to try and figure out what our blood type is. The lab is pretty straight forward but understanding the concept behind everything isn't as easy.

So that's my day, so far. Right now, I'm in my dorm room and I'm blogging before I go take a nap. My brain is tired! I'll be blogging soon.

3 comments:

Don Gosney said...

Great to read about Penn!

My computer tells me that here in Richmond it's 104 degrees right now but when I step outside it doesn't feel a degree higher than 90. At least we don't have the humidity to worry about.

It's great that you're making a few more contacts so the social part of the trip will be more pleasant. Even if things become miserable, misery loves company.

Although I love the aqua text, by the time it lands on the blog, and partly because the font is so small, it's difficult for some of us to read. Maybe a color with a little more contrast can be used.

Also, can you post your name with the posting so we know who's writing?

Thanks.

Don Gosney said...

I'm going to blame the last sentence of my previous posting as a problem with the internet.

When I read the posting the first time there were no names or time stamps. After I hit the send button, all of a sudden the names ad times pop up.

In any case, please just let me address that one issue by saying: Never mind!"

Madeline Kronenberg said...

Cynthia,

I hope your brain is no longer tired. I'm sure the weather can only get better. I'm glad that the people are friendly and that you're being challenged in class.

Let us know how you finally decided to take notes. Keep working hard -- I'm glad it's interesting and challenging.

Thanks for posting.