Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day Six.

Trip of the weekend : WASHINGTON DC!

This trip was so memorable. This morning, though I am ashamed to admit it, my roommate and I overslept. We rushed as quickly as possible to the bus and thank goodness, we made it. We spent a long time on the bus, though I was sleeping most of the time. We met new people, which was good. When we got to George Washington University, we were so hungry! Since we had to rush, we didn't get to eat. We arrived at the university late and the counselors realized that we had to hurry if we wanted to make our second appointment for tours at Georgetown University. We rushed through the first tour and then we rushed through lunch and we were on our way to Georgetown.

Personally, I enjoyed the campus of Georgetown better than I did the campus of George Washington (GW). I felt like the campus of Georgetown was a lot calmer than GW, but I must admit that GW had really nice dorms.

After visiting the campuses, we went to visit the Lincoln Memorial and the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Wall. The Lincoln Memorial was this huge stone statue of Abraham Lincoln. The Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Wall was very touching. The stone was really hot too, because I tried touching it. After site seeing, we hopped back on the bus and went for a quick dinner run and then we were on our way back to the dorms.

After getting back, I went running with my roommate. I'm too young to get into the gyms, but me and my roommate ran around the quad a couple of times. If you've ever been to UPenn, you'll understand me when I say that I only ran around in the upper quad and there were people there. I was a tad bit embarrassed, but exercise is exercise. Tonight was a good night.

I killed a cockroach tonight! It was gross! It was on the floor while I was running and the adrenaline pumping through my brain just made me numb to the fact that it was a cockroach. I stepped on it and kept going. Afterwards, I showed my roommate and Courtney and I was grossed out the most.


1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Cynthia--

You had me worried for a second. First you go on about how hungry you were and then I read that you're stomping on a cockroach. For a second I thought maybe you were filming a segment for the newest version of Survivor and this might have been one of your immunity challenges. You didn't really say--how did it taste?

It made me proud to read how you overslept and then ran like the dickens to make up for lost time. That's been my modus operendi for most of my life. "Why do now what you can put off til tomorrow?" That's my motto. I tell you, Cynthia, it's quite an adrenalin rush to have to rush through everything. Of course, in the real world it will get you fired from most jobs and you'll develop a reputation as being unreliable but who needs money or a reputation, anyway?

Did you at least get a chance to drive by the White House and give a big Shout Out to President Cheney? Maybe next time.